The Recyclebank Green Choices Schools Program
(the “Program”) is intended to encourage and support schools having a project in keeping with Recyclebank’s mission (the “Project”) by promoting the Project through Recyclebank’s Rewards Program (available on www.recyclebank.com) thereby allowing each participant school to earn a grant of up to $2,500 to be used to fund the school’s Project in keeping with these Terms and Conditions (the “Grant”). To participate, each school must submit an application to Recyclebank, LLC, the sponsor of this Program (“Recyclebank” or “Sponsor”) by December 17, 2014. The Program begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on January 6, 2015 (the “Program Start Date”) and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on March 16, 2015 (the “Program End Date”) (such period referred to herein as the “Program Period”).
A school is eligible to participate in the Program if:
- it is located within a municipality that participates in the Sponsor’s Recyclebank Rewards Program as part of its home recycling efforts,
- provides elementary and/or secondary school education (Kindergarten – 12th grade),
- is a registered tax-exempt educational organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or can otherwise provide appropriate documentation indicating it is a tax-exempt government instrumentality,
- submits a Program application with all required supplemental documentation in accordance with these Terms and Conditions,
- has not previously received a grant under the Program to fund the same Project, and
- has been accepted in the Program by Recyclebank.
The Program is limited to 50 participant schools. Participation is determined by Recyclebank in its sole and exclusive discretion. Applicant schools are not guaranteed participation in the Program even upon all application requirements, project plan criteria and eligibility requirements having been met. By submitting an application to Sponsor, each applicant through its designated signatory expressly accepts these Terms and Conditions and agrees to be bound by the Sponsor’s decisions. To qualify, a school’s Program application must be submitted to Recyclebank in keeping with the application deadline and the requirements of these Terms and Conditions. Participant schools will be posted live on www.recyclebank.com/greenschools during the Program Period providing Recyclebank Members the ability to donate their Reward Points online to help raise the grant for each school. Each participant school is encouraged to promote its participation in the Program in its community in order to raise point donations.
2. PROGRAM PARTICIPATION & GRANT:
3. PROJECT CRITERIA:
The Grant must be used in its entirety by the school to fund the Project intended to promote community building. The Project must conform with all of the following criteria:
- The Project must engage the students by offering education on the power and impact of environmentally-friendly behavior;
- The Project must not be a single event but rather have sustainability beyond the current school year;
- The Project must have a detailed budget (required to be submitted with the application); and
- The Project must be completed within the current school year.
In selecting participant schools, Recyclebank considers the following areas regarding the Project in order to assess whether the applicant’s Project is in keeping with Recyclebank’s mission:
- Offer innovative approaches to communicate and further environmental issues within the community;
- Provide strong educational programming to the students and the community with follow-up opportunities for learning;
- Create new ways of thinking, acting and behaving in relation to the environment;
- Empower students to be “heroes” (e.g. educators, stewards or advocates) for a sustainable environmental in their community;
- Encourage partnerships among formal and informal educational systems; and
- Facilitate partnerships between schools and community organizations.
The list is intended to provide a general guideline and is not intended to be exhaustive.
The Project may not relate or involve
- Capital campaigns or expenditures, such as cameras, computers, park and recreational equipment, land acquisition, furniture, or traditional school supplies that could be used outside the proposed program;
- School programs/bands/orchestras/art/other classes that do not have an eco-focused component;
- Budget shortfalls, general support, or endowment funds;
- Staffing of personnel
- Fundraising events, event sponsorships, and/or the purchase of tables at events;
- Solo travel (such as Outward Bound, Peace Corp, etc.);
- Travel (buses, vans, etc.) or accommodations;
- Food for events or prizes;
- League sports programs;
- Scholarships or fellowship programs;
- Grants to individuals;
- Political campaigns or organizations;
- Programs that are non-inclusive (i.e. excluding students with disabilities);
- The production of promotional giveaways or prizes (e.g. shirts); or
- Production of materials (e.g. books, software, etc.) for later sale.
Each Project will be reviewed as part of the application process to ensure adherence to the criteria. There is no substitution or transfer of the Grant allowed. Each participant school will be solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein. Recyclebank is responsible only for making the Grant to each participant school available and bears no responsibility around any costs, supplies, filings, permits, installation, implementation, or other material or labor associated with the Project of each participant school. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes on the Grant, including income and/or sales taxes, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of the participant school. All Grants must be applied to the participant school’s Project within the same school year as the Program.
4. NOTIFICATION OF GRANT RECIPIENT & GRANT AMOUNTS:
Each participant school will be notified by December 20, 2014 of its Grant under the Program by using the information made available on the school’s Program application. In the event a participant school does not accept a Grant, the Project is materially different from the information disclosed in the Program application not meeting the Program criteria, the participant school is ineligible, the Grant or Grant notification is not deliverable, or the Project is not approved in Sponsor’s sole and discretion, the Grant will be provided to the school with the lowest donations which will not exceed $2,500. The Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a participant school of its Grant. The participant school expressly agrees to Sponsor’s royalty-free use of the school’s name, and other information about the school, its Project, the picture(s) of the school submitted with the application (if any) and Grant information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
The Sponsor, and its respective agents, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, insurers, servants, parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, predecessors, successors, representatives, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (the “Released Entities”), are not responsible for, shall not be liable for, and hereby disclaim all liability arising from or relating to: (i) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, whether human or technical; (ii) failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer or e-mail transmissions; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Grant, or any portion thereof that may have been awarded, or acceptance, possession, or use of the Grant, or any portion thereof that may have been awarded, or from participation in the Program; or (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Program. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or cancel the Program or any component of the Program should any unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Program. By participating in the Program, participant schools agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Entities, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Program, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising out of or relating to the Program, participation in the Program, the Grant, or any portion thereof that may have been awarded, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grant, or any portion thereof that may have been awarded, including but not limited to statutory and common law claims for misappropriation or participant’s right of publicity. This Program shall be governed by New York law. By participating in this Program, participants agree that New York courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Program and that venue shall be only in New York, New York.
Green Schools Program
151 W 26th Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10001
The Sponsor reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of the Program in violation of these Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
Copyright © 2014 Recyclebank, LLC. All rights reserved. Recyclebank and the associated logos are trademarks of Recyclebank, LLC. Any other trademarks in these Rules are used for identification purposes ONLY and are the properties of their respective owners. CLOSE [X]